(To be read in conjunction with R. & A. Rules of Golf)
1. OUT OF BOUNDS (Rule 27-1)
- Beyond any fences bounding the course
- Beyond any line of Out of Bounds stakes (white with black tops) i.e BBQ area, children’s playground, clubhouse and car parks.
2. STAKED OR GUARDED TREES (Rule 24-2bi)
If a tree or shrub which is staked or guarded interferes with a player’s stance or the area of his intended swing, the ball must be lifted without penalty, and dropped in accordance with the procedure prescribed in Rule 24-2b(i) (immovable obstruction). The ball may be cleaned when so lifted.
NOTE: Stakes and guards are immovable obstructions
3. GROUND UNDER REPAIR (Rule 25)
- Those areas the margins of which are defined by white stakes and/or white lines.
- Wheel ruts made by a mower, tractor or motor vehicle through the green.
- Paths and Roadways through the green.
4. FIXED SPRINKLER HEADS
All fixed sprinkler heads are immovable obstructions and relief from interference by them may be obtained under Rule 24-2. In addition, if such an obstruction on or within two club-lengths of the putting green of the hole being played intervenes on the line of play between the ball and the hole, the player may obtain relief, without penalty, as follows:
- If the ball lies off the putting green but not in a hazard and is within two club-lengths of the intervening obstruction, it may be lifted, cleaned and dropped at the nearest point where the ball lay which (a) is not nearer the hole, (b) avoids such intervention and (c) is not in a hazard or on a putting green.
5. PEG MARKINGS
- Water hazards are defined by yellow pegs.
- Lateral water hazards are defined by red pegs.
- GUR is defined by white pegs.
- Distance markers are blue pegs (150m to centre of green)
- Distance markers are yellow plates on fairway (100m to centre of green)
PENALTY FOR BREACH OF LOCAL RULES:
STROKE PLAY (2 STROKES)
MATCH PLAY (LOSS OF HOLE)